Saturday, May 7, 2011

Belitung Island in Indonesian


On a long weekend (long weekend) I went on vacation to the Pacific Islands alone. From the hustle and bustle of Jakarta, I escaped into Pantai Tanjung Kelayang. The beach is not far from Cape Coast High - the most popular tourist attractions.

Billiton, the increasingly popular since the explosion of the novel "Rainbow Warriors" and a film titled the same, can be reached in 40 minutes flight from Jakarta.

Cape Kelayang is a quiet coastal fishing. But unlike other fishing beaches I have ever visited, this beach does not smell fishy. Still blue sea, clean, and only occasionally sounds of fishing boat engines.

On the left side there is a large pile of rocks, which are always so typical of the beaches on the Pacific Islands. The place is quiet, comfortable, and incredibly beautiful. No wonder the rocky hill was a favorite place of local youth. When you climb the rocks to place high enough, you can see the views of the azure, a few small green islands and fishing boats in the distance. What a dream vacation for me.

Cape High is located about 3 km from Tanjung Kelayang. This beach is a limited niche stone cliffs. The beach is short, so it felt very crowded on weekends. Compared to Cape Kelayang, there are more food stalls and small shops in this beach.

Once satisfied to enjoy the beach in the area, the next day I visited some small islands that reportedly very beautiful. I spend money to hire a boat for Rp 300 thousand per day (will be much more efficient when it comes to the party).

Accompanied by a boat driver, I go in the morning to the island of galangal and got there in time approximately 30 minutes.

Arriving on the island of galangal, I can not wait to climb the old lighthouse was built in the Dutch era, but still standing strong and functioning properly. It turned out pretty scary.

The lighthouse was built in 1882 and consists of 18 levels. Since I let go of sandals on the boat, my legs are full of rust stuck to the stairs to the lighthouse. A little breathless, I finally arrived on the top floor. The view from above can not be described in words. Blue sky met the sea that is not less blue. Palm trees waving like a lyric from an old song.

Once satisfied to take a picture, I had come down to enjoy the beauty of the island. There are some wooden benches cradle and mounted officers lighthouse. I took a break and then swim.

Heedless of my clothes are soaking wet, I hurried to the boat and asked the driver to take me to another island. In contrast to the time left, ocean currents is much more quiet late morning. We went to visit Bird Island.

We returned to Cape Kelayang late afternoon. Stomach hunger was unbearable. After cleaning the body, I immediately headed to the restaurant at the inn. Sure, I want to feel the typical cuisine of Belitung, namely trade.

Gangan is a kind of curry with fish head ketarap main ingredient, but with a sauce that is more clear and fresh. It added a special dish with pineapple mixture. You who love the taste of tom yam, I'm sure will be addicted to stretch when trying.

The last day I spent with around the island with a rental bike for Rp 80 thousand a day. I went to Tanjung Pandan (about 30-40 minutes from Cape Kelayang) took the streets is quite smooth and quiet. Only a few times I ran into another vehicle.

However, Tanjung Pandan himself quite busy. The traders of durian in the front row of shops. Unfortunately, due to late start, my time is very short. After circling the city, I went back to the inn.

Brief but memorable vacation has ended. But I will definitely come back to visit beautiful beaches in the east.

Accommodation info


Lor Inn may be the biggest hotel. Located near the Cape of Appeal, the hotel costing $ 500 thousand per night provides various facilities. While facing directly to the beach, the hotel is not located on the edge exactly. You have to cross the street to get to the beach.

Kelayang Cottages, where I stay, consisting of several wooden huts painted colorful. In every hut there is a simple beds with mosquito nets and bathroom.

This inn is located right on the beach of Tanjung Kelayang. Just a few steps from the beach. Room rates start from U.S. $ 150 thousand, and available shuttle service to airport for USD $ 150 thousand per trip.

Other accommodations in Tanjung Pandan, among others, Hotel and Wisma Martani Martani.


source : http://id.travel.yahoo.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More